Vehicle Inspector - Johannesburg
We are looking for the right candidate to join the car industry’s quickest online car buying service.
CarZar is the car industry’s latest and quickest online car buying service. CarZar.co.za is an online platform through which car sellers get free quotes online, can book car inspections and then auction their cars to dealers nationwide.
CarZar is looking to recruit a Vehicle Inspector to join our team in Johannesburg. The team is predominantly comprised of car buyers, back-office processors and customers service.
One of CarZar’s lead investors is Silvertree Internet Holdings (http://silvertree.holdings), which builds and invests in Internet-enabled businesses targeting South African and African consumers. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, and implement global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
- We are looking for a competent vehicle inspector & valuator interested in joining a new fast growing company.
- CARZAR wants to make the experience of selling a vehicle enjoyable to private owners. Our process must be hassle, and risk, free, with a competitive valuation.
- If you have experience in vehicle inspections, are results-oriented, and enjoy interacting with people, then this job may be for you.
What you will do in this role:
As a vehicle inspector & valuator you will be performing inspections at our premises and out on the road at our customers' premises. Your work will require excellent levels of customer service, meticulous inspection and evaluation ability, executing your work on technological devices and handling of high-value transactions. The job is therefore challenging and will help you advance to a new level of expertise.
The main objectives of the job:
- Execute a physical inspection on the requested vehicles
- Determine the reconditioning cost of the inspected vehicles
- Travel to requested locations for vehicle inspections
- Interact with customers and create an enjoyable customer experience
- Contribute ideas for improvement and optimisation to the CARZAR team
The successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
A. Expected personal skills
- Action and results oriented
- Performance and process driven
- Open to change and testing new ideas
- Vehicle inspection expertise and detail orientated
- Organised and punctual
- Strong valuation and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills: Interaction with customers
- Honesty and integrity
- Good at problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive in daily work
- As a whole, we expect someone passionate and driven who is able to work efficiently and keen to help grow our business.
B. Expected background and technical skills
- Min. 5 years of experience in previously owned vehicles
- Preferabbly a Used cars manager or sales man
- Good reputation in the vehicle industry
- Good technical knowledge of vehicles
- Computer literate and comfortable with learning new software
- Interest in startup and being a part of a result-oriented team
- Proactive attitude, creativity, ability to critically evaluate
- Open to frequent changes in how they work
- Relatively tech savy
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- Fantastic learning and results oriented culture
- An opportunity to learn a market and shape a business model
- Leave: 20 days
- No working on weekends
- Salary: R252 000 - R276 000 per year (Depending on experience)